View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 04:10 PM       
I gave Super Monday Night Combat a shot.

The PC version doesn't have dedicated servers and for some reason I had to wait about 15 minutes before I even joined a match. Someone needs to tell developers that matchmaking systems are in place because consoles are limited pieces of shit, not because it's an inherently superior way to format online multiplayer. They need to be told very, very loudly. At least they had the decency to build a chatroom into the game's main menu so I could complain and swear about it at everyone else.

When I finally did start playing, I found out that they basically took the original Monday Night Combat, and ruined it. I'm not even being a "CHANGE ARE BAD" fanboy here, I hate Monday Night Combat, but it was more polished, balanced, fast-paced, fun, comprehensible, had better graphics, and the announcer was actually funny; the new guys vocalize color commentary like they're describing the drying paint on the wall in front of them. Bottom line is that the original is a shooter with DotA/LoL/Whatever elements, while the new game is a DotA/LoL/Whatever with really bad shooter elements.

I suppose I should have known something was up when they released it for free.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Apr 21st, 2012 at 05:35 PM.