Thread: class rings
View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 01:35 PM        class rings
so, my dad wants me to get a class ring for my bachelor's in business. i think it's a little ostentatious and want to wait for my master's before i bother with a ring. he thinks it's worth it to have it for the 2-3 years in-between and that a ring from UB would carry weight when doing business in maryland. WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK.

also, i wanted you guys to help me choose a ring if i do get one.

============
here's what my dad and i compromised on:

base ring format:

the gold color would be ~$1000. stainless steel would be ~600, silver would be ~800, white gold would be ~1000. i think gold would look best against my skintone, but is too expensive for a bachelor's ring and would probably go with steel.

the big stone would be replaced with:

the black around around the diamond is a stone itself, i'm thinking either black to be consistent or garnet for my birthstone:

the garnet would appear much darker irl though.

============

here's the ring i was looking at on my own:

base ring format

colors and prices are as above. this ring pretty much costs the same as the other one, but it would be smaller and more understated than a superbowl ring.

============

what do you fags think about:
1. should i get a ring at all?
2. which one of those two would look best?