Thread: Scary Games
View Single Post
drifting in the void
OxBlood is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM       
I´m scared very easily since paranormal, non-physical stuff just gets to me. "Normal" Monsters or Demons don´t concern me that much, I fear what lurks in the shadows, what takes your sanity away and leaves you with only fear and screaming, alone and forgotten in the depths of your own mind where no one can hear you.

Of course it´s not that dramatic but I have a love-hate relationship with the horror-genre. I really, REALLY fear these things, even with almost 30 I still have trouble sleeping after specific horror-flicks, sometimes for days. I just fear the unknown, the unspoken...if that´s a word.

Anyway all that just serves to show you guys why I for the love of Hastur can´t really play Fatal Frame 3, the scariest game I know. It just gets in my head, it conjures up this atmosphere of aparent peace and safety in the parts where you are at home and everything is normal but then the horro begins to seep through the cracks of reality and into normal life. You hardly notice it at first but it gets more and more intense over time until you´re almost more scared of your own house in the game than the levels at night...

Maybe I´m just a giant pussy when it comes to that but I´ve been built with too much creativity and imagination so I´m much more...receptive to these things...even being alone in my parents house creeps me out and it´s just a normal 2 storey house....but there´s so many rooms I can´t see, there are so many possible...things that might lurk there...I know that sounds stupid and childish but I can´t help but feel that way. It´s gotten weaker as I got older but it´s still there.

Fuck, even writing about it kinda scares me now (1:18 in the morning here)
The good thing about being like that is I´ll one day write an excellent horror-novel

Sorry, I got really sidetracked there, but I felt it was a nice way to create some atmosphere in here (and it´s all true too), but yeah, to me Fatal Frame 3 is the scariest game but I haven´t played all of them, no Cryostasis, no Amnesia...