Thread: Ghost Movies!
View Single Post
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 30th, 2007, 02:47 PM       
grudge was better because ju-on put me to goddamn sleep. i like jap movies, sure. i've seen awful jap remakes, pulse comes to mind. but the grudge was better than ju-on. the whole way they handled the ghost chick, with the gurgling ect really freaked me out i remember my girlfriend was asleep and i was watching it on satellite & I had to wake her up because I was so scared. i can't even remember any of ju-on. but goddamn, the stair scene in the grudge was EXCELLENT.

they had the same director and everything, but the grudge had a way bigger budget. and it shows. removed jaws, sarah michelle gellar dyeing, the movie not putting me to sleep.. I would have liked Ju-On more if I saw it first. But The Grudge is better, in lots of ways. I can see people liking it if they are some sort of poor-movie purist, but I like my movies shiney.

IN CONCLUSION:

ju-on gets props for being the OG home-dawg, but in the end it is weeaboo jerkoff fodder for kids who can't appreciate the sleek, upgraded package that is THE GRUDGE