View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:38 AM       
How much it costs gas guzzlin' SUV and Penis compensation Trucks is the ONLY silver lining to these prices.

Here's the only thing I've read that makes sense to me in terms of citizen action, besides the obvious measure of conserving as much as you're able to. Boycott Exxon Mobil. Free Market, right? I may have to fill up, but I can choose the station I fill up at. As the biggest pig at the trough, Exxon Mobil sets the bar. They could easily afford to bring their prices down, but what motivation do they have? Lets motivate them. Don't buy their product. Get a price war going. The most important thing to do is not to cave if they drop their prices by a penny or two. I have no idea what sort of popularity the boycott would need to have any impact at all, but it's worth doing.

In addition, and this is me personally, there's profit and there's obscenity. Gas prices affect the whole economy. I'm not expecting corproations and their CEO's to act altruistically, but when the already bloated start shoving ten times as much money up their asses as they already were, it's distatseful. There is just no damn reason to be that rich. I don't care what you do, what long hours you work, how much smarter or ruthless or just plain lucky you are, after your first billion or so you DON'T NEED ANY MORE.