View Single Post
Egg
Dixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's armyDixie has joined BAPE's army
Old Jul 21st, 2011, 11:30 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by k0k0 View Post
I found out 2 months ago I was allergic to wheat also. And I've had keratosis pilaris most of my life, which is a bunch of small bumps on my skin and it looks like it's going away since I stopped eating wheat completely also. Have you found any kind of recipe for pizza crust that is good? Every time I've made pizza crusts from gluten free mixes from the store. I've tried 4 different kinds and they all taste yeasty, and that aftertaste stays with me for over a day. Also, have you also noticed that gluten free breads taste like stale bread?
Udi's Gluten-free whitebread tastes great fresh without being toasted. but once those breads get frozen you HAVE to toast them. All other gluten-free breads need to be toasted. Honestly I never buy anything but Udi's nowdays.
pizza crust is tricky. I don't think i would trust gluten-free pizza crust mix personally. now, i live with my soon-to-be in-laws. I can't do alot of cooking here so i haven't been able to experiment. if you look online there are lots and lots of recipes for gluten free pizza crust. Most of the manufactured ones are rice flour based. they're kinda ehhhhh. the best one i've had so far was at a place called the Mellow Mushroom in raleigh nc. theirs tasted potato flour based. it was sweet and soft! it gets soggy, but i put it in the fridge for a couple of days and reheated it and it was still good.
this sounds like a good recipe for pizza crust:
http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/G...ee-Pizza-Crust
as soon as i get my own house i will be doing all sorts of gluten free baking experimentations
i wish you luck!
let me know how it turns out for you if you try it!