View Single Post
Werehamster
Seth is probably a spambot
Old Oct 24th, 2009, 12:04 AM       
Oh, okay. Yeah, with some authors... I'd imagine it's something like I don't mind reading them, but since they take more studying, so to say, than reading, that I need to be in the mood for it. It takes more effort.

So, on that front, I would heavily agree with Shakespeare, especially since his work is in middle English and requires knowing the time period to understand a lot of the moral (or immoral) and historical backing of some stuff.

For instance, Macbeth took a lot out of me because, although it is beautifully written, you cannot appreciate its intrinsic power until you understand the time frame it was written in and who it was targeted at. Needless to say I now love it now that I've already studied it and read it, and now when I re-read it I can enjoy it more than study it.

Poe, well... :D He more often takes a kind of... I want to say fantastical and romantic mindset, although romantic not being used in its current-day slaughtered definition. Does that kind of make sense? I felt that he isn't so much about context, as Shakespeare is, as style and approach, itself. It's kind of hard to explain.

Anyway, your avy is full of win. I thought I would share that.