View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 12:41 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
As for the site itself, I joined 'back in the day' when it was an entirely different beast. Before it was mockery, now it's 'wacky' nostalgia. So, yeah, I don't get how or why that happened, but I have no say in the matter and Roger's always going to run the site however he alone sees fit. Which I guess is admirable in itself, even if it's resulted in turning this into more of a giant blog than a humor site.
dedicated to giving due credit to works of genius that have never enjoyed the spotlight.

That's why there's plenty of nostalgic stuff, it's always been an interest of mine. Just as video games have, and making comic books (a la pickleman, pixel pals, etc), and making flash games and parodies.

I'm not like other sites because my interests are far too broad for me to be able to tolerate staying within one niche forever. That's why I don't update the old music mockery sites or anything anymore. Believe me, I had a great fucking time making them... Winky, Anti-Rave, Metal Mockery, etc - they all came out far better than I could have imagined and the reactions from angry people were superb. But there comes a time where you feel like you're just beating a dead horse, and while some people choose to go on... I stop working on those sites and let them just stay online so people can see them as they were in their prime.

I'm going to keep adding new things to I-Mockery, new sections, new types of pieces... I want variety. It's continuing to do whatever I'm interested in that has kept me working on this site all these years. I know people want me to do another "Things That Must Be Destroyed" and this and that... but I don't do those things unless I feel like it. I'm not gonna force that shit, because it's forced humor that is uninteresting to read. If I'm having a good time working on something, I generally feel confident that it's going to come out pretty funny.

http://www.i-mockery.com/main.asp

A lot more than just a "nostalgia blog"... take a look around. It's just a large humor site, plain and simple. Perhaps someday I'll be able to settle down into a single niche that I want to work on forever... but for now, I'm just going to keep doing what comes natural to me and what interests me. That's what's worked for I-Mockery since the beginning, and should that disappoint some people... well there's always other sites out there for you to enjoy. It's free entertainment and nobody's forcing anybody to stay here.

-RoG-