View Single Post
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Dec 14th, 2003, 02:19 PM       
I'm not going to take sides on this, 'cause it's not my place to compare the old boards to the new boards. But you really can't tell the old members to quit just because they're pissed at the way the new boards are going. The main reason people come to these boards are to read comments from the old members(chojin, rongi, whoreable, carnivore, ect.). They're usually the only ones who contribute anything to the board. If they leave the boards will go on a down-hill spiral. And it makes sense for them to want the boards the way they used to be. There were alot less people and the community seemed more like a family type thing where you always had people to talk to about stuff you couldn't talk to other people about. Whereas, on the new boards it seems that there are so many new people joining everyday that the boards are tearing part and becoming more of a 'Lets fuck up everybody's thread' type thing. And you can't hold important conversatioin without somebody trying to add an unfunny joke in.

But on the other side people can't be pissed because the boards aren't a secret club anymore. RoG works hard to make his site viewable to a variety of audience, and in return a variety of people will show up. And though some of them won't be worth shit, it's part of having a growing community. And if RoG didn't advertise with other sites and such the site/forums might not even be here.

So... I don't know who's right or who's wrong in this situation. Just wanted to post my two cents. :/