View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 30th, 2013, 07:53 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrubfest View Post
Wasn't it Kitsa who didn't like jaffa cakes? I know i wanted to argue the point but it was soon after I joined and I was too much of a coward to tell people on the internet that they were wrong about snack cakes.
We have a fundamental misunderstanding here.

First, I love McVities. Milk chocolate only, though. I dip them in coffee. The only improvement I could come up with, other than the apparent complete lack of nutritional value, is a non-chocolated notch for the thumb so that you don't come up with a chocolate thumb after dunking. I was mainly surprised that they have no fiber because they go on about "whole wheat" (which really isn't supposed to mean anything, per my bigdeal nutrition professors; you should look for "whole grain"). Also, there are heavy grain-heads floating above the biscuit on the packaging and one stamped into the surface of every one, so it's a bit misleading. That said, I don't expect to eat chocolate-covered cookies and not be a total fatass as a consequence.

I don't remember having a problem with jaffa cakes. My only source for them locally does sometimes have old goods, so if I did have a problem with them that would be why. I think I remember my last jaffa cake's covering coming off of the filling separately and that being weird.

If we're headed down this road, I also had a problem with some stale bakewell tarts from the same location.