View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old May 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
The only things I would invest in should I have knowledge of an impending depression are as follows:

1) Land, the only thing that'll be around no matter what
and
2) Guns, to defend the land when there's all sorts of civil unrest and redistribution of wealth happens.

Other than that, I live alone. I can backpack it. I don't need all of my things. Yeah, they're nice and I do need a couple of them, but if I lost about everything, I wouldn't be significantly disadvantaged, aside from the obvious homelessness and the troubles that brings anyway. But people get by. Now, if I had children or a wife or husband or whatever and responsible for someone else, I'd probably have a different opinion.

But I'll just say I'm prepared for whatever and whatever happens to stave off a depression will be thought of by somebody else because I can't attach myself to it.

Also, I should've rephrased my question better. That wasn't really the answer I was looking for.
If I made a little more money and could do my job from home I'd definitely try to get a cheap house in the country side. Living in a metro / suburban area is nice and all but when tough times are happening I would definitely feel more secure if I had a escape area.

Not saying the end of the world is happening or anything but it's good to be prepared.