View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jun 28th, 2012, 03:49 PM       
My new favorite class is Shotgun Pyro. That's not just "Pyro with a shotgun equippped," that's "Pyro who treats the shotgun as his primary weapon and only takes out the flamethrower in emergencies or when ambushing a huge group."

It sounds like it'd be awful, but if you're hot shit at shot placement (which I am since you have to learn good aim when using the Frontier Justice) you can rack up a pretty awesome body count; I think my best round last time I played was 40-something kills and 4 deaths, with three or four dominations.

I think the thing about it is that the Pyro is the only class with that specific combination of health, speed, and shotgun; the Engineer and Scout die if you cough on them, the Soldier and Heavy are painfully slow, and, for me, the Scout moves way too fast to ever aim properly (I'm getting a bit better but it's deffo not my best class). And the Pyro still has a flamethrower to fall back on if he needs it, which is a damn good weapon by itself. It's so much fun, and pretty much nobody sees it coming; they all expect you to take out your flamethrower any second and stay at mid-range from you, where you'll still be doing at least 40 damage per shot.

It doesn't really work on brute-force push maps like Dustbowl or Goldrush, though; as with playing Pyro normally, you need to ambush people, and those maps are basically just winding hallways that you spam explosives down until your team wins.