Thread: Abortion
View Single Post
Feel the guilt
Fat_Hippo is probably a spambot
Old Feb 10th, 2008, 05:20 AM       
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. That is how it goes, isn't it? It's easy to tell people to always use a condom, and if they fuck up, then they should bear the consequences. But what when it happens to YOU!?

Can you guarantee you would want this child? I don't know you, but let's just say you're the average guy, who maybe has had a bit much to drink at a party, and then happens to engage in the glorious act of fornication with a stranger, without a condom, and it turns out she's pregnant! This phenomenon is also known as the movie "Knocked Up".

You don't like each other and you don't have the money. It's too late for any "should haves" cause that baby is coming. Now, they have only 3 choices: Try to make it work, (and just 'cause it worked in Knocked Up, that doesn't mean it will in real life) get an abortion, or like you said, put it up for adoption.

Trying to make it work: This will likely end in a miserable existence for child and parents, as the parents are forced to work their asses of for a child they weren't ready for, or if they could support it, but simply hate each other, it will all end in terrible emotional strife. In some cases it might work, but the majority cases would surely end badly.

Abortion: BOOYAH! Everyone gets off scott-free! You say it's murder? Well, I say that kid isn't even really sentient or capable of feeling pain. And would you want to be responsible for ruining your parent's lives? I thought so.

Adoption: You may have heard of what is called maternal instinct? Yep, that's right, mothers automaticaly feel love for their little ones. So, when that kid is born, how many mothers do you think will want to part with their children. Not many I'm betting, not many at all. Noone can force them either, so at this point, it's simply too late.

Personally, I can't believe that people can be so selfish as to force their strange little ideas of right and wrong upon others! Noone forces people to have an abortion, and it's their pregnancy, so let them do what the fuck they want!

And I realize this lengthy response may be wasted on a drone like this one, but hey, it opens the thread for discussion, don't it?
He speaks truth!