View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 13th, 2008, 04:43 AM       
"You're too late, Dr. McCormick. In mere hours a team of scientists in a massive underground facility beneath Geneva will create... a BLACK HOLE!"
-"Wait, you're talking about CERN, aren't you?"
"Err, umm, what difference does it make? Soon there will be a..."
-"A black hole, I know, I know. Just because among the huge number of historical perils mankind is facing right now, that the black hole one is the most mysterious and has the most foreboding name, doesn't negate the fact that a very basic understanding of quantum mechanics is enough to demonstrate that it's phenomenally unlikely that one created in an accelerator will do anything of interest to anyone except people with at least a Master's Degree in Physics, let alone wipe out humanity. Like, it's unlikely in the sense that you're more likely to die from your own farts than from an out-of-control black hole. While counter-intuitive in that an actual black hole encounter with earth would instantaneously end the life of every human being on the planet before anyone could possibly become aware of the situation, you would in fact be able to end humanity far, far more quickly by taking up smoking cigarettes to contribute to global warming. Jackass."

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Last edited by Sethomas : Apr 13th, 2008 at 04:47 AM. Reason: Ambiguous about my expression of PHYSICS