View Single Post

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 07:50 PM       
Quote:
As for equal opportunity, you mean to tell me somebody attending an inner-city public school is going to get an education equal to the one I got in the public school system of a rich, upper-middle class suburb inhabited primarily by whites?
NO, THEY WONT! You are proving one of my points that everyone on this board denies! Inner city schools suck! Not because they don't get money, its because of the way the govt has given control to the unionized teachers and then they dont teach! The teachers teach the kids crappy, they dont care about the job, and the children suffer, because no one bothers to help them with their condition! If we have it so the kids could choose the public schools they went to, then schools would have to compete (like a business, as in capitalism) for kids. How would schools compete for children and parents? By providing a good education and after school activites so kids can learn that THEY CAN get out from their situations.

We keep pumping money into a leaky ship that never gets fixed! Whats the point of giving money to a school if it still sucks! Let the kids choose. Schools will improve. In the places it is done, it works. Even Joe Clark, the guy who the movie 'Lean On Me' is about, says that. Over and over.