View Single Post

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Mar 22nd, 2003, 08:56 PM       
Ok, I am going to be nice for one post. Do you know what the whole voucher movement is? The voucher movement is so underprivledged children CAN go to the better schools with the same type of money that would be given to a shitty school they are FORCED to be in. Making schools compete against each other is the best idea for schools!

When companies compete against each other for customers, who benefits? Ding ding ding, the CONSUMER! Taking the tax money out of failing schools, allowing parents to use the SAME TAX money that is paid to go to a different school that they CHOOSE, creates that much-needed competition! I work at a private college, we compete against MANY schools, and it makes we the workers, the teachers... EVERYONE work harder to provide the best education for the CONSUMER, the student!

Teachers will be forced to teach reading, writing, arithmetic, instead of "group feeling" sessions and tolerance classes! That stuff may be nice, but when it comes down to what children NEED first, its the basic tools to make it in our society! You can be tolerant and open minded all you want, but if your dumbass cant read or add functions, you won't make much of yourself a vast majority of the time.

Before kids learn about multiculturalism, they need to learn mathmatics. I have seen too many good people flunk our entrance exam to the school I work for because they don't know basic information that you or I should hopefully know. And these people are seniors or just graduated from high school! Hell, I have seen college students that can't pass it. And do you know where they all go? Govt schools. The ones who go to govt schols where they care about students or private schools knock our test out of the park.

I can only sum this up by an experience I had about a year ago while waiting in the line one late night after work at a grocery store. They just started talking about school vouchers and this upper-crust white apologist woman started talking about the evil Repugs and their school vouchers. She said all schools are just as good as another. I ask her where she sent her kid. She sends him to a private Luthern school. I then told her to put her money where her mouth is and send him to a school in East St. Louis.

East st. louis is in the top 5 of worst neighboods in the country. Needless to say, the conversation ended quickly.