View Single Post
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 12th, 2008, 04:24 AM       
Your dad sounds really cool gamma.

Troubleshoot, that knife challenge thing sounds like such a gargantuan waste of time that anyone who actually saw it to completion might seriously consider putting video games aside to pick up a hobby that's a bit more productive.

I can't think of a single instance were I died in RE4 and blamed it on the game, always my folly that got me killed. Alternatively, I can't think of single instance in the old REs were I died and it wasn't the games fault. I'm ashamed to admit that sometimes when I'm in a tough spot in other games I'll start whining about being cheated,

"That's not fair "
"That's cheap "
"This games cheating "

but Resident Evil is cheating me, it's bullshit, BULLSHIT! It's impossible not to get frustrated at a game that puts zombies off screen, programs them not to attack until the camera deigns to shift to an angle where you can see them standing right fucking next to you at which point it's to late to fucking dodge them which ends up killing you because you've long since ran out of herbs to heal yourself and ammunition to defend yourself with (which doesn't matter anyways, you can't really avoid the fucker unless you know his there) forcing you to go back to your last save point which was quite awhile ago seeing how you'd long since ran out of ink ribbons to save your game with.

I think if it hadn't been for RE4 I might never of realized how much I hate these game mechanics and although I'll miss those beautiful pre-rendered backgrounds (REmake looks exceptionally good even by todays standards) I think I'll be happy if Capcom never deviates back to this garbage.