Thread: Stupid Injuries
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Aug 17th, 2010, 11:14 AM       
I was trying to figure that one out myself.

One time when I was in high school I was rushing down a slanted boardwalk in the rain, which by all counts is a really bad idea. My feet flew out from under me and I landed on my thigh. I had a giant bruise from my thigh to my hip and walked with a limp for a while.

That happened about ten feet from a spot where I was mowing the yard for my parents and happened upon a nest of yellowjackets, who flew up my pantlegs and stung/bit the almighty hell out of me. I still have big divots on my legs where they bit chunks out of me. The burning wasn't as bad as the hellacious itching.

Another time, when we lived in a house that had well water that was particularly iron-ridden and gross, my mother cleaned the house in preparation for my having a friend over. My mom was going through this phase where she cleaned all hard-water stains with lemon oil (must be hereditary...her dad used to armor-all the seats of go-karts and the kids would go flying off them on sharp turns). Anyway, I didn't know she'd done the dark-brown shower stall and didn't think anything of it being so shiny...place always reeked of lemon anyway. Again, my feet flew out from under me and I somehow sprained my ankle so badly my leg was black from the knee down and I had to wear a cast the entire last month of eighth grade.

In retrospect, I'm glad it was me that got injured and not the girl sleeping over...that would have been a lawsuit for sure.