View Single Post
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 03:16 PM       
Okay, I talked to her. It didn't really turn out the way I expected it. In fact, it didn't really turn out as anything. :/

She was writing an exam today, so I waited outside the class and studied for my exam on Monday and she was surprised to see me, but was friendly. She said that she had to work that afternoon so any talking that we did wouldn't last very long.

I didn't want to start off with TEH SERIOUSE, so I just asked her how she was doing, how was class, etc. and then we walked around for a bit and everything seemed to be going good. She acted the same way that she had months ago. :/

She wanted to wait around outside her class to talk to other classmates about the exam a bit, and she had to give a paper to her lab partner, so I stayed with her and we talked some more.

Then more people started coming out of the exam room and she talked with them. I couldn't really participate in the conversation, so I just sat there and studied a bit more. Then, when those people left, she looked at me and said, "I'll be right back" and then went a little ways off to talk to one of her other classmates who had just appeared.

Okay, fine. I stayed there. No big deal.

She started walking back, but before she was halfway back to me, a couple more people came out of the room, including her lab partner. Of course, they started talking about the exam. That's all right, though, I thought. I do the same thing after big exams and tests.

However, after about 5 minutes, she looked over at me and blinked, then said, "Are you waiting for me?" Everyone in her group started staring at me.

"Uhh... yeah."

"Well, you can go. I've got a few places to go before I go to work."

"Uhh... okay... *pause*... are you available on Monday?"

"No, Monday is bad. I've got a lab, and so is Tuesday."

At this point, the group started to break up and she started walking away.

"So, uhh... what's a good time then?"

"I dunno. Just find me."

"That's what I have been doing."

"Oh, well then just e-mail me with a time."

"You haven't been checking your e-mail."

"Yeah, I'll get around to that sometime."

"Uhh... okay... bye?"

I don't get it. Why be friendly to me when there's no one around, but then treat me like shit when there are other people around? I should point out, though, that it seems like she only treats me like shit when they are people that I don't know, yet she does.

It's almost as if she has to prove something to them, or something. :/