View Single Post
Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Jan 7th, 2009, 11:50 PM       
Apparently in the phone book our number was right next to some Chinese restaurant's number, so for a while we'd get callers trying to find out how to get to the restaurant.

Actually, Kitsa your story kind of reminds me of one that humor columnist Dave Barry wrote about. He said that this guy kept getting a mysterious phone call where no one said anything. He answered the phone, there was a tone, and it hung up. He got it traced or something and it turned out that a company that had previously used the guy's phone number had some tank that they had rigged to call them when it was empty. The company wasn't around anymore but they didn't shut off the tank, so as Dave Barry put it, a guy was being harrassed on his phone with no human interaction at all (ah the wonders of machinery!)
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.