View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM       
I have an update.

My phone rang again this morning....866 number I didn't recognize. It stopped ringing before I got to it, so I picked up and called back.

The lady answered, "National Collections Operative", or something like that. I said someone from that number had just called me. I heard a lot of quiet shuffling sounds, like she was trying to pull up an account from my phone number or something.

She asked, evidently getting ready to go into some sort of spiel, if the number I was using was the number they called. And then I laid into her about Greg, his boat, and being sick of being called constantly.

Then she said something that threw me..."Well, we're the Greg people, but we're not the boat people."

......?

Greg and his boat were inseparable in my experience and their combined powers were a key element of my phone misery. Up to that point, I didn't know that Greg and his boat didn't always go together.

Anyway, I took down her name (Cora), her company's name (NCO), her manager's name (Cecilia) and the date and time. She says she'll take me off the list of numbers. We'll see. I could do with 15 fewer nonsense calls a week.

Is this the end of the Greg and his Boat saga?