View Single Post
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 07:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin View Post
tadao - oh, anyway, you didn't seem fat in your pics. crash diets like south beach are mostly for people that need to lose a lot of weight very quickly for health reasons.

a much better way to diet is to count calories and then eat about 500 less per day than it'd take to maintain your bodyweight. 3500 kcal = 1 pound of fat, so in theory you should lose a pound of fat every week doing that (in practice, more of that pound is lost in lean body mass unless you exercise - but also if you exercise your calorie requirements go up, so you can both eat more and get better results).
I've been slowly getting huge in the belly. I need to drop 20 pounds and then maybe a little more. This holiday of candy and leftovers, plus slackin with my GF has really done me wrong.