View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jan 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM       
Well, I tried to be fair and there is a brand of 100% natural food coloring that I endorse when people ask. And when I had my gallery show last summer, I asked the company for handouts, which they sent. Every time someone came over and tried to pick a fight with me over food coloring (and there were a few), I'd hand them the flyer and tell them about it.

The problem is, the stuff is made with natural spices and vegetable juices and it's always going to taste a little like the original ingredient. So you could end up with vaguely beet-flavored cake icing or something like that and it could be weird. I try to use the natural stuff whenever I can, but sometimes the artificial colorings are unavoidable.