View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 01:00 PM       
That was pretty cool. I think an ELIZA program could be written to do the same thing, but still, it was classic form.

There were more than 200 civillian casualties in Panama. I'm kind of thinking this might be a little more drawn out. I certainly hope not, but if you have some sort of iside scoop on the body count, you should share it.

If you think our administration is over there to stop the maltreatemnt of women, I'd suggest that bad as it is, the mostly secular Iraq treats women more equally than any of our allies. We used to be allied with the Taliban, and they kept their women in bags.

I assume you have no kids of your own. If you have any, I beg your pardon and change my assumption to your lacking the natural chemicals involved in compassion.

Here's what I don't know. The future. Here's what I do know. Children who die when bombs fall on them are children and they die because bombs fall on them. Whatever the causality, wherever you place the blame, whichever side you are on in this, if that doesn't cause you some discomfort, that our country is killing people, especially children, and I do apologize that their status as children makes a difference to me then I respectfully request you bite my bag.

Oh, an woah, dude, you talked with a co-worker who worked in the gulf? Did you know friend of my cousins gynacologist met Wayne Newton? The annecdotal evidence of a guy you met doesn't make you some sort of authority on war. And note, I'm not denying it, I don't have 'intel' like that. Do I think Sadam should go? I do. Do I think we need to start whole new policy of global pre-emption to achieve that goal. Hmmmmmm. Let me think a moment. Okay, I thought. If that's what it takes I don't think it's worth it. The list of barbaric dictators is too long, and most of them are our allies, so the chance of justifying regime change could be a tougher sell.