Thread: Global Warming
View Single Post
Banned

TheCoolinator is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2010, 08:56 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporTrailx1 View Post
CO2 levels have been much, much higher throughout Earth's history although I wouldn't really count the pre-Carbiniferous levels since it was a vastly different ecosystem(ie. not much land vegetation). But throughout the Mesozoic, it was much higher than today.

Just as a side note. There seems to be a correlation between points where the temperature rebounds after a lowpoint and mass extinctions. for Example Ordivician/Silurian extinction, and the end Permian.
Ironically I was just re-reading one of the articles that I previously posted and they were saying the same exact thing.

Here is the quote.

Quote:
8. New research on our gasses

AT least four new papers by top scientists cast doubt on the IPCC claim that our carbon dioxide emissions are strongly linked to global warming.

One, published in Nature, shows the world had ice age activity even when atmospheric CO2 was four times the level of our pre-industrial times.

Another, by NASA medallist John Christy and David Douglass, shows global temperatures did not go up as much as expected from man-made emissions over the past three decades.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/opinion/...-1225823736564