Thread: My Big News!!!!
View Single Post
Administrator
doopa is probably a spambot
Old Jan 18th, 2007, 02:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Huge, huge, HUGE congratulations!

My childhood best friend lives out your way and is an aspiring art guy, and I shall send him and his wife your way when the time comes. I only wish I could go myself.
Thanks Max. And yes please do since I worry only 3 people will show up. Someday you and I will have a joint show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
Fantastic Doopa! hearty congrats. make sure you stick some highly exorbitant prices on yer works..
Thank you very much. I will spit on everyone who walks through the door then wait until the right time to throw a tantrum and run out yelling "nobody GETS me"

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Tithonus Pednaud
Very cool, congrats.

I took a look at the site www.strangepuppets.com - love it.

Until recently I was the director of a gallery in Toronto, now I am a artist agent and the people I represent rather unique doll makers, prop makers and even taxidermists.

I'll add you to my MySpace top 8 - a lot of eclectic artists frequent my site. You should really take advantage of the networking available on MySpace. I use it a lot in successfully promoting the artists I represent.

http://www.myspace.com/leviticus1928

Oh, and putting <Z> into those sections make them disappear...
Thanks very much! This the gallery I will be having the show at: hyaenagallery.com. Seriously thanks for the myspace add. I know that somehow myspace is really helpful for people trying to do promotions which is why I am trying to set up on there. I hate myspace a lot though, so I have been doing it grudgingly. And I'm still having trouble quite understanding how to use it. I finally fixed some crap on my page tonight though.

Btw you have an interesting site. Ever been to the Mutter Museum in Phladelphia? If not I highly recommend a visit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob3
My mom use to be in a gallery but she quit because she said she didn't like the other old bags in the gallery true story

Do you ever/plan to go to any art festivals? My mom did one in San Diego I believe but usually just around OK
I've thought about doing things like local fairs/meets where they sell stuff like punk crafts. I know there are some cool poster art festivals and stuff like that. Maybe sometime..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dire Flamingo
Congrats! I sent you an add because I like your drawings and that's what the kids are doing these days.
Much thanks, I'm very lonely and it's good of you to try and take care of the elderly

And thanks also to everyone else for the congrats