View Single Post
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Mar 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
Rather than me doing this for you, go to google news, and type in "Schiavo, no MRI, no PET."
Sadly, the most credible source this turned up was an Op-ed in USA Today by Tom Delay.
Huh? Okay, since it seems that your scope on what classifies as "credible" is a bit warped, later on I'll have to provide the links for you.......

Quote:
At any rate, I can tell you why there was no PET. Five years ago NO ONE was getting PETs unless they were part of a federally funded research experiement, it's new technology, and Mrs. Schiavo's guardian gave up on her recovery long before they became available.
Right, which doesn't excuse the lack of an MRI at all.

Quote:
Quote:
I think her family deserves a fresh judicial perspective on this case.
Yeah, tenth time's the charm huh?
What the fuck in hell do you think is the point of appealing a case to the federal courts? What's sad is that were this an abortion case, or a gay marriage case, you guys would be all for this.

Quote:
PS, FUCK the Roman Catholic Church's stance on this. For one, not all Catholics agree with the vatican on every issue, thank GOD. For another there's a difference between caring for the sick and mechanically extending the life of a braindead person. Let's be clear, whatever Terry's wishes actually were is NOT even part of her parents, or Rome's stance on this.
PS you're a petulant child. Goat made a claim about where the Church stood on this, and I corrected him on it. I don't particularly care if anybody agrees with it, but to say "wah wah fuck the church, they suck" isn't entirely accurate. Terri WAS a Catholic, and the Church's opinion on these matters might be relevant on deciding whether to kill her (they should be just as relevant as the "he said, she said" testimony of her "husband").