View Single Post
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2010, 12:01 AM       
And how many years ago was the orginal gameboy? Cellphones use to be fucking huge and we managed too but they still get smaller and slimer despite the fact that we used larger ones in the past because thats what industry norms dictate. I'm not saying the size makes it unable to be used on the go but increasing the size of a handheld gaming device or eletronic device in general just goes against all the established norms of the industry. My opinion is that the ds XL is a much bigger risk then people are making it out to be. i feel nintendo going against industry norms and making out big is something to applauded and encouraged by gamers and not simiplified to "nintendo likes money" and are simply exploiting the consumer. I feel the nintendo wii has some of the best exclusive titles out there and if the company didn't take a significant risk with the wii we would never of played a boy and his blob remake or a mega man 9 and 10, or a no more heroes(not that these were made by nintendo but they were allowed a chance to gain an audience despite the industry thinking that the money is in big graphics and huge cinematic gameplay). I feel the Wii's biggest risk was not the introduction of the new motion control but going agaisnt industry norms and not making the system as powerful as possible. Nintendo takes constant risks(hardware wise) and has recently begun being rewarded for them again. Everyone thought that the nintendo wii was going to be their last system and they would go the way of sega and simply make games because they weren't making much money outside of the handheld market. I am happy their genuis has saved a truly great company from becoming solely a software provider and hope they continue to make buckets of cash.

i just find nintendo to be a very interesting company business strategy wise.