View Single Post
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 01:28 AM       
Well, I really don't know because that depends on all kinds of psychological analysis I can't do well over the internet.

If you want something basic and won't cost you a lot to introduce you into the world of cigars, I'd probably go with the Arturo Fuente I recommended because it's good, it's hand-made, and it's cheap. It will start you with a basis of comparison as you work your way upwards, if nothing else.

If you want to enter the world of cigars with the pomp and circumstance you'd expect from the next British monarchial coronation, then maybe get a $9 (or so, depending on the market around you) Acid 1 by Drew Estates. Drew Estates is the brand responsible for the trend I mentioned where you take a flavored cigar and re-market it, but their Acid 1 is distinctly marked as "non-aromatic" as opposed to everything else in their Acid line. I don't know why, since I can't imagine any of its flavors coming from any substance that wouldn't kill the tobacco plant outright, but it's literally a candy bar that you puff. It might give you a false impression of what a classicist's cigar would be like, since they're nothing in common, but it'll at least serve as a gateway into the art of burning money in the most literal sense possible without offending federal agencies*.

That being said, I'm the type who rotates between mere puffing and the "french inhale". If your lungs find out that you're smoking an Acid 1, it will punish you severely by connoitering with your stomach and causing you to throw up.

*Have I posted this picture of me in the past month? Maybe? It'll be a fine tie-in with my admonition to Gus about Scav Hunt as the 2008 list release is mere weeks away.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT