View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 20th, 2011, 02:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsa View Post
Did anyone else make "Hypercard Stacks"?

It was like making really shitty gifs in Paint.
yes. i learned to program in hypercard's language hypertext (no relation to http) and made probably over 100 stacks of games as a kid. most of them were point-and-click but toward the end of my career i was using buttons with graphics (essentially sprites) and had physics engines. my most infamous series of games was called "baby ball", which was a home run derby game with live babies. i got sent to the principal's office once for working on it after school. when i first got on AOL, one of the first things I did was delve into their vault of hypercard games.

hypercard even had its own virus called 'merryXmas' that would hide the title bar, make the program run a tiny bit more slowly, and embed itself into the stack code in a way that it couldn't be deleted without the matching merryXmas virus removal program. i still have a mac hooked up in my computer room pretty much purely so that i can play my old hypercard games.