View Single Post
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 29th, 2005, 04:31 PM       
It's not really laziness or whatever, it's the internet. Nay, it's the population in general. Anytime someone lays a big beautiful sarcastic shit on someone and begin to pull up their pants and have a chortle with their buddies someone cries 'Maddox'. I don't recall seeing it here much but everywhere else it's rampant. This I believe is the problem. Not Maddox himself, but the fanbase. People in this world are seperated into two groups. Probably not really, but right now for this little thing I'm doing they are. I've noticed that a lot of people, in fact, the majority of people around us are boring and lack wit and merely pick and choose whatever sort of joke or shtick they want from some kind of popular media and beat it to death. What? Ok. Anyway, what I'm trying to get a across is this: These people find something they like and just suck it dry. They rip it apart until it's dead and meaningless and move on to something else. What does this mean? It means that these people are killing humor at it's purest (and sometimes not so pure). Who wants to keep making jokes and putting effort into things when they know they're going to hear it 500 times from people they don't really care for the very next day? Nobody, unless you're an asshole. Now I'm sure everyone is saying "Someone better tell this Sacks guy to shut up, because this is a message board, not some sort of sketch comedy television broadcast!". Well as ridiculous as it seems it does happen here. A lot. Amiright? This used to be some little snippit you'd throw in like a fine after dinner mint and everyone would have a little laugh, but it caught on. It caught like hellfire. It stopped being like a condiment and turned into a crutch. People would just spout some trash and sure enough, just like 'snoogans' came 'Amiright'. Of course it was still funny at times, but a lot of the time it was just annoying. I don't blame any one person. I don't really blame anyone. In fact I understand wholeheartedly. Who wants to put their heart into something that will merely end up on a message board where a bunch of jackasses they've never met in their life will pay them back with 'lols' or little cackling smiley faces? Who would sacrifice precious time to create laughter when they could go the easy route? After all, it seems thats what most everyone else is doing. Is it truly laziness? Or perhaps fear? I believe fear has played a big part in the 'downfall' of these forums. No one clever or otherwise is going to want to risk posting something 10 or 12 'vets' are going to take a shit on. If one shits the rest shit, it's the way it goes, and hey, if everyone is going to agree with you why would you want to put effort into it the first place? Kind of like kicking a dead horse, isn't it? I understand what James is saying, and I think his intentions were pure. I also believe however that he could have gotten his point across without suggesting everyone be like one certain person. If everyone would just rip off their fucking Pampers and just post something, something they really and truly believe other people will enjoy without worrying what some dickass is going to say about it I'm pretty sure the quality of things around here will pick up. Though the start may be rocky one. If not, you know where to find me.