View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old May 2nd, 2011, 08:42 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Let's take it further then:

Bin Laden admitted to planning the 9/11 attacks.

The 6th Amendment is for US citizens, which Bin Laden is not one of

Killing Bin Laden is a military action

The unprovoked attack on the world trade center that Bin Laden has claimed responsibility for cost 3000+ people their lives and ruined countless other lives that were associated with it. Bin Laden however is one man

In a twisted way, I agree, justice was not served, 3000 lives for one evil life is not justice. There's probably no way justice will ever be served.
Ok, I don't think admitting a crime means that it's ok to dispense with a trial. I think it would have been justice to capture him, get him to admit his crime in front the international courts, then sentence him. I don't see the laws allowing the inhumane treatment of accused (not proven) 'terrorists' as justice, and I don't see the on the spot execution of a wanted man as justice either, no matter how bad a crime he has done.

Am I going to lose sleep over Osama not getting a fair trial? Hardly, but the world is getting more and more lax on what exceptions it can take to it's morals.