View Single Post
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 6th, 2004, 11:27 PM       
I had a feeling it would come to this. Too much of what I've been reading the last few weeks in regards to terroristic activity pointed towards Russia joining the Coalition cause. The onslaught of sudden attacks reportedly coming from 'Chechnyan militants' has been remarkably high recently. I was hoping to follow ithrough the 'Islam in Russia' thread, but I haven't been able to recently. I've been in Tahoe the last few days, and would be now if my Jag didn't blow its head gasket, and haven't been able to post.

Sadly, I do not believe the Chechens are responsibile. I see the 'terror attacks' responsible for Premier Putin making decision as being somewhat more clandestine - Too many, too effective and too soon. Furthermore, there are too many strange scents surrounding the evidence, concerning both its circumstantial nature as well as dubious origins. Especially in the case of the two plane bombings which, taken down with the same Chechnyan C-4 as used in an attack of nearly a decade ago, were quickly disavowed by all Chechnyan militants shortly after the news was aired.

Something is very wrong here. Since the US is the primary benefactor, I am considerably worried by this turn of events. Sudden European support for the war on terror way just be what Bush will need to speed him into a second term.