View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 25th, 2008, 01:22 AM       
Ok, so Condemned has taken a trip to shittytown since I got to the school.

A minor complaint is how difficult to swallow everything's getting. I was like, "uh, what the fuck?" when the malnourished J-Horror kids in the subway station started crawling around on the ceiling. This sort of stuff belongs more in a Silent Hill game where supernatural shit is commonplace, but ok, I can dig it. Then in the school, I found myself face to face with a fat lunchlady wielding a meat cleaver and garbed in a blood-stained apron. It's ok, though, since it's an obvious homage to Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and a classic horror element. What would drive someone to partake in such a dramatic display of psychoticness is beyond me, especially when everyone else has just been staggering around hitting me with pipes and shit. But I decided, "let's just go with the flow, here."

The big "fuck you" moment came when I was MAGICALLY TRANSPORTED to an alternate version of the empty pool I was tromping through, and while I'd be fine with that if they were going to implement more hallucinogenic mindfuckery like the furniture flying down the hall at that one part or your lab buddy crawling after you with a conduit, I actually have to fight this time, and the game starts spamming those J-Horror guys I mentioned earlier in waves of 5, unarmed.

In this game, unarmed enemies are about 20 times more dangerous than any number of bloody crazies with fire axes trying to lop off your head, since they can grab on to you and sap your health while holding you immobile. It's not that difficult to escape, but when there are three of the fuckers waiting for their turn at your throat after the current one gets shaken off, the situation is fucking retarded impossible to get away from. They latch on to you DIRECTLY after you shake free, too, and to make things even more ridiculous your vision is seriously impaired for a second after you escape. Also, they're about twice as fast as you, and the sprint meter runs out even fucking faster than the Spy's cloak in TF2, and recharges in the same amount of time. The super taser kills them in one shot, I think, but that thing also takes forever to recharge.

I absolutely cannot beat this part, even with a gun. There is difficulty in games: Mario Strikers Charged (against real people, of course. Anyone who can defeat the computer with regularity is a fucking alien), Gunstar Heroes, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry 3. And then there's shit like this, that is just fucking not fair.