Thread: Nintendo Wii
View Single Post
darklycan is probably a spambot
Old Dec 7th, 2006, 11:40 PM       
Well the Wii was released in Australia yesterday ^_^.
The midnight launch was pretty impressive for Darwin, I was expecting around 10 people but ended up being about 100. I bought: Wii play, Rayman Raving Rabids, Super Monkey ball and Legend of Zelda. So far the games have all been VERY impressive, all the games work really well with the controler and the amount of times it didn't function are very minimum.

Rayman has been great and probably has my most play time at the moment, all the games are really fun and the beat games would have to be my favorite so far.

Wii Play and Wii sports are both suprisingly good for free games, both games get you used to the control and how it all works so it was easy to get used to.

Zelda is another game I have been very impressed with, I was a bit worried about the controller for it but I think the Wiimote/nunchuck combo work really well.

Super monkey ball has also been really fun and the controls work really well in it, the single player is the best so far in the series, however it seems alot of the party games were rushed becasue out of the 50 about 35 are painful to play becasue of their unresponsiveness, I have found Disc golf to be the worst out of these games and becasue of its faults, it took around half an hour to do a 3 hole match becasue the game decided to do whatever the fuck it wanted.

All in all i am very impressed with Nintendo's next gen console and if it keeps it up, the will have something very powerful in thier hands