View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 28th, 2011, 08:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSappington View Post
Okay, if someone asks me for regular turkey, I don't do that. I make sure I give them what they ask for if they DO ask for a specific type, but if they just say they want turkey, how am I supposed to know?
Also, yeah, if you say you want regular turkey, they give you honey and insist it's regular, they deserve whatever they get. There's being a dick, and then there's being a lazy asshole.
That wasn't a good analogy
I always specifically say that I want the oven-roasted turkey or the buffalo turkey or whatever. I never say, "JUST GIVE ME SOME TURKEY." Because that would be rude

I don't know if it's laziness or if it's ignorance of how allergies work or whether they think that food allergies are some made-up thing to get attention, but it happens a lot. My mom had a run-in the other day with a deli worker who picked up the honey turkey and started cutting it before we realized it wasn't the right thing; she switched it out, but the residue was already all over the machine and her gloves.

Sometimes I just buy the prepackaged stuff and hope for the best.