View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 16th, 2007, 08:42 PM       
Okay, didn't see this until today. In the future, if you send me a PM, I'll be able to respond more quickly.

So first, let me go over RULES RULES RULES. GW probably took your flame war to PMs because it specifically says in the rules to not hijack a thread or follow someone around the forums bitching at them constantly, so in that respect he was probably doing the rest of us a favor. On the other hand, I at least tend to take PM harassment more seriously than forum harassment.

Now, regarding how this forum actually works - Things would get really boring if people never had a disagreement. GW running in and trashing your thread in picture captions & photoshops was obnoxious in the sense that I don't want any new people to quit, but come on now, it was really pretty funny watching how everyone reacted. I-Mockery itself is dedicated to mocking people that take themselves too seriously, and the forums are no different.

So, bottom line:
For the people who are being legitimately harassed, we have an ignore function. You click on a person's name, go to their profile, then click 'add x to your ignore list'. Here's a shortcut to that link if you really can't handle angry words being shared over the internet: http://www.i-mockery.com/forum/profi...=ignore&u=3440

As for asking me - in the middle of your official complaint thread - whether or now GW is one of my bestest internet buddies in the whole wide world:
1. That's really neither here nor there.
2. Don't be a queer.
3. Yes.

By the way, we generally don't ban people on this forum, so please don't treat the rulebook as a "win every argument" card. I think it was you who said in general blabber something to the effect of "Keep posting, you're just giving me more material to get you banned. ". This isn't AOL and we don't adhere to their Terms Of Service. If someone is being a LEGITIMATE PEST in ways that you can't avoid, that's when you need to dial an admin (and I can understand if you didn't know about the ignore function, it isn't clearly documented).

However, don't you think it's a little presumptuous to sign up for a forum and then try to get some of the people who have been around for years banned? Would I do that at your family reunion?