View Single Post
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM       
I'm glad you managed to keep that short. I would have hated for you to spend a lot of time on it. I think you just misread my comments, either intentionally or accidentally... but again I'll take the blame and try to re-explain...

To paraphrase, you seem to be saying that what we call "laws of Physics" are only vague guidelines attempting to describe how things in nature really work. Unfortunately, I was not referring to vague guidelines attempting to describe how things in nature really work when I used the term "laws of Physics." I was talking about the way things really work in nature. The constants... what ever you wish to call them. Light, for example, behaves in a very consistent manner. We can observe that and try to describe it, but that language is, as you said, imperfect. The natural laws (or whatever you wish to call them) governing the manner of light, however, fits perfectly in with the larger body of natural laws that govern everything else in the universe. That's what I mean when I say Physics.

Again, if you would like to suggest a better term I'd be happy to use it.

Would you like to discuss what I was actually talking about now?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!