Thread: So, boxing.
View Single Post
Role Assigner
MattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's armyMattJack has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 10th, 2010, 01:05 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolinator View Post
Yes, but they don't hit each other just for the KO. There is a point system based on hit ratio and where the strike lands. I don't know how they score MMA but I believe the match is over when one of the fighters is holding the head and spinal cord of his defeated opponent.

They have a point system. Most fights across every promotion goes 3-5 rounds, so if nobody gets KTFO'd then they have to go to a decision. The point system is based off of a mix strikes thrown, landed, take downs, sub attempts, ring control, and a few other things.

UDUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolio
The throwing fights debate is irrelevant to the conversation. We are discussing how MMA is a sloppy step back in the history of human civilization. Putting two grown men in a cage and having a contest where they choke, knee, stomp, bash, and attempt to break each others limbs is devolution in my honest opinion.......

Throwing fights aside, how is it backwards in the history of human civilization? They aren't fighting for blood or their lives, so don't try to equate this to some Rome gladiator bullshi* you saw with Russell Crowe. It is a test of wills and techniques.

It is just so ironic that you find it OK for two guys to beat the hell out of each others' skulls until one goes unconscious, but submissions and kicking is completely out of the question.

UDUM

Quote:
lol, I'm going to ignore the whole "Obviously" comment. I once new a guy who started all of his debates with "you obviously don't know this...or that..." I would usually say back to him "you obviously don't know how to communicate like an adult"

COOL STORY BRO. Didn't know "obviously" wasn't communicating like an adult. Maybe I'll just be more direct and tell you how foolish you look when you don't know what the hell your talking about.

Let's try: You apparently haven't a clue what really goes on in MMA, but this is probably due to your lack of education, or possibly even a lack of motivation to go out and read a little bit of literature on the matter at hand. Go read a book.

Quote:
The fighter isn't protecting himself? Is it because he's getting beaten on the ground or has slipped unconscious from lack of oxygen to the brain?
Yes, the fighter isn't protecting himself. Much like in boxing, if the fight is so one sided that there isn't a contest the fight will be called. It doesn't mean he is KO'd. Lack of oxygen to the brain? I'm started to believe you have a lack of oxygen in your brain when you rattle off this kind of shi*.

Quote:
Is the fighter tapping out because he's in pain or is in fear of serious injury? Boxers do not have to "tap out".
Yes. It is a submission. Think of it at a 'gotcha' move. All you do is tap or risk injury. Why is OK to have this in strict martial arts matches, but not in mixed martial arts? Is it the gui? I don't understand.

Boxers have NO NEED TO TAP. You can't be serious with this. They just have to pummel the other man into either submission(throwing in the towel) or until he goes dead to the world.

UDUM
Quote:
If the referee sees a boxer on the ropes then the fight is over. It doesn't have to get to the point of almost getting seriously injured.

Boxers have DIED in the ring. Nobody has died from MMA. If the referee sees a boxer on the ropes then the fight is over? Yeah, go tell George Foreman that then. Ali only LAID on the ropes for round after round during their historic Rumble in the Jungle. Rope a dope.

UDUM

Quote:
I've never seen any of these fighting styles used in the cage....ever....
Quote:

All they do is wildly swing at each other, try to choke them, or try to break an arm. The fights are boring and have no class, style, or skill. Anyone who has two brain cells to rub together can be an MMA fighter.....get on top and punch or get behind and choke.
This is because you are ignorant. You have no understanding of what is going on, so therefor it must be some grown ass men wrastlin' for male supremecy.

You are entitled to think they are boring fights, but to say that there isn't any skill in an MMA fighter only reaffirms that you have a serious case of The Dumbass. Most of the fighters are well versed in two to three martial arts.

UDUM
Quote:
I've see an a fighter stomp the feet of his opponents numerous times. It's allowed. What MMA are you watching?
Quote:
I guess there is no difference then. Hmmm....(rolls eyes)

My fault. I thought you meant soccer kicks to the head.

Stomping somebody's foot is barbaric, but hitting them in the face with 1lb gloves is OK

Yes, there is a difference. One might break your foot and the other might break your brain. I'll take my chances with getting stomped on my foot.

UDUM

Quote:
When you say "laughable" do you mean true? Because this gigantic post you just vomited out really doesn't help your argument. It's actually helping me.......
Quote:

I think the whole "What’s the difference between bashing someone half to death on the ground" just proved my point completely.
No, I was pointing out this thing called irony. Just admit that you are upset that your precious boxing is on life support.

Quote:
I think this whole fantasy that MMA fans are living in is kind of silly to be honest. These fighters DO NOT USE MARTIAL ARTS. All they do is sloppily punch with haymakers, knee, kick thighs, choke, and attempt to break arms.
You're right. These guys just work on cars and hit women all day. They couldn't possibly be trained in multiple fighting arts. That is impossible.

Quote:
I've never seen any kind of bruce lee-ish fighters enter the ring. It looks like 2 guys who had too many drinks and are fighting over a girl in the corner of the bar.
You are a fuckin* retard. Anybody can do a flying leg scissor into a heel hook. That's just some sloppy school yard shit we all did in 3rd grade.

Quote:
Those examples you gave are irrelevant. This was illegal because it was a blood sport not because it was being persecuted because of race or identity.
Way to miss the point. I was simply saying that just because something is illegal doesn't make it right. The United States Supreme Court could make a decision that the sky is green tomorrow, so does that make it green? No, it just means that a government is full of shi*. The government has been wrong over and over, so the whole "morality" and "legality" argument means hot dic* to me.

Quote:
For once John McCain was right. He called it "HUMAN COCK FIGHTING" and I have to agree with him. Its a messy sport with no skill that runs strictly on testosterone and ignorance.
Wasn't John McCain bombing Brown People in the 1960s from a plane in the sky? Killing hundreds if not thousands of people, OK. Blood in a combate sport, AWFUL.

JOHN MCCAIN: VOICE OF REASON 2012

Quote:
I'm noticing that you keep bringing up boxing’s bad business practices which I do not deny. Problem is its irrelevant to the conversation. The facts being that MMA is a uncivilized neo-gladiatorial event that has captivated and duped most young men into idolizing it and or using the half-cavemen they throw into a cage to fight as role models.
You are such a parrot. This is the same thing you say over and over. How many times do I have to refute this mess?

Role models? STFU UDUMMMMMMMMMMM
Quote:
Boxing is not only much safer then MMA but REQUIRES SKILL also the bout is conducted in a very orderly way. Unlike MMA.
Quote:

Just the name MMA (Mixed martial arts) is a falsehood. They don't use a mix of anything. Like I stated over and over again its a very amateurish and barbaric contest that we as humans should have shunned away from a few thousands years ago. Boxing is the progress of that. The sport is still active but now there are more rules put in place to protect the fighters. MMA if you can even call it that is a big step back in terms of civilized combat.

YAWN

Quote:
blah blah blah mma bloodsport blah blah blah boxing sacred blah blah blah role models blah blah blah decline of western civilization

UDUM

UMAD

UDUM

Ni*ga, go read a mother fuckin* book.