View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM       
You have to change the way you think about food. Asking how to stick to a diet is the wrong question, because you're already setting it up to be something temporary. The real answer is that you need to learn how to eat.

read the thread and you'll find out how much protein you need (~100g for girls, ~150g for boys) and how many calories you should limit yourself to to lose weight (~1300 for girls, ~2000 for boys). Then, use a calorie counter and eat the way you normally would for a few days. Identify where all your non-protein calories are coming from and eliminate them or substitute them until you have the right ratios.

I have tons of little tricks now, like never ordering a side item, or getting a dessert instead of a side. Or getting 2 entrees and no sides if I'm really hungry. Or taking one of the buns off a burger if I've been eating a lot of bread that day.

Part of learning how to eat is also about unlearning all the bullshit you're told. Eggs are fine. Wheat/whole grains aren't amazing and in fact usually have more calories.