View Single Post
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Apr 3rd, 2010, 09:49 AM       
The internet is awful for discussions between three or four people because I don't want to spend an hour quoting and typing every point made since I last posted

As for the point about horror movies and their ilk, I wouldn't count them as terrorism, obviously. If you want me to throw 'violence against innocent people' as another requirement, then sure, but my definition isn't supposed to be rigid in the sense that if you aren't points A through B then you aren't a terrorist. I was more leaning towards a view of being subjective about these acts/groups, and maybe base whether they are terrorists less on ticking the boxes required of 'terrorism', and maybe focusing on the emotions (no laughing at the back please) not only behind the attacks/groups, but the effects that they cause.

Obviously this isn't something that is likely to either become any nations mantra, or actually change Al'Qaedas classification or anything, it's just how I see things.

Ant: Kahl always brings something to a discussion. Oh, and you know that there are stances other than 'with us or against us', right? People can talk shit about Israel and it's many human rights abuses without also praising the sewerage systems of the West Bank.

Coolinator: seriously, you are not wowing anyone or causing any of us to second guess everything we believe in. It's like it's September 20th 2001 with you, and you think we need to be told that *GASP* we live in a new world, things are going to be different, and while we're at it don't believe everything the government tells you about so called terrorism. Hey, have you heard that America went into Iraq on false pretenses about WMDs? Wait a second I have a photo around here of Saddam shaking hands with Rumsfeld... Most of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudis, I know right? But, here's the thing, America is pretty much married to Saudi Arabia because of, get this, oil. Fucking blood for oil. Do you guys know they call them happy meals to appeal to children? Seriously, they are targeting children with advertising now.