View Single Post
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 10th, 2010, 06:21 PM       
There is some variety in the new weapons. What I'm suggesting is that there could be a middle ground where you can find a variety of different weapons without having a ton of weapons differentiated by a few stat points and a slightly larger roman numeral.

If you love Heavy Pistols, for instance, there are two in the whole game and you get the second one within the first half hour. You can boost weapons in that category with research, but that's it. In ME, you could choose from a variety of different upgrades that you could mix and match to produce different effects. At the very least, they could've held that bit over for the second one for a little more variety rather than incorporating those elements into the skills trees.

Heck, they could keep the skill-based ammo and give players access to upgrades that boost specific skills. That's a classic Action RPG loot attribute.

At any rate, I want to reiterate that as disappointed as I am that these elements aren't in the game, their absence doesn't ruin the game or the revamped combat system.