View Single Post
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 9th, 2003, 11:13 AM       
"I shouldn't believe the multitude of books and textbooks I have read on the subject and have studied in school. "
Vinth.

No, but you might concider returning to these texts nd others to see if perhaps you missunderstood some of them. I think certainly your historical time line has errors, and your understanding of the events is simplistic. Having been supplied names, it should be very easy to check reputable sources, make some sort of supportable argument, and one way or another people might learn something. Tyat said, I personally have never heard the argument made by anyone, in any text, in any history class, in any religion class, that the crusades prevented the Muslims from invading Europe and conquering the world.

The expulsion of the Moors is from a totally different period. The siege of Constantinople is from totally different period. The real estate in question during the crusades was the holy land. That's why the Europeans had to go all the way there.

I know you're not Lexus Nexus, but urely you can point me toward something, anything, that would argue what you're arguing. I'll take it from there. Can you do that much, or will you once more fall back on your "Common knowledge" "ask anyone" hoo-haa to support an argument I have NEVER heard anyone make, and tht inlcuides four years of Episcopal school.