View Single Post
Buffalo Tom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2003, 11:33 AM        Am I being paranoid?
The CBC late night news did a story last night about the neo-conservative forces behind the current American administration's foreign policy. In the piece, Neil Macdonald, the correspondent, made the connection between Bush's foreign and defence policies, and a report written in 2000 by the Project for the New American Century. He noted that many contributors to the paper now occupy key positions in the Bush administration: VP Dick Cheney, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, Deputy Defense Secretary Paul Wolfowitz, Undersecretary of state for arms control and international security John Bolton, Chief of Staff Lewis Bibby. Called 'Rebuilding America's Defenses', the report called for the establishment of an American-dominated global constabulary that would be used to assert American interests throughout the world using military force. Chillingly, the authors stated that the only way the American public could ever get behind such a Big Brother-ish idea (my words) would be if a 'Pearl Harbour-like' event occurred to galvanize the country into a more hawkish view of the world.

There's an X-Files story in there somewhere.