View Single Post
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2003, 04:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rorschach
I have nothing to prove to anyone, let alone some snot nosed civilian shitbag who believes she's an authority on any given subject she offers an opinion in.
First off, I'm a male ... nice investigative skills there pal. Second, I was a sergeant (E-5) in the 45th Spt Grp which was staged in Riyadh during the Gulf War. I can fax you my DD 214 showing and honorable discharge and some copies of the orders for combat commendations if you need proof. On second thought, you don't deserve it.

Quote:
Do you really think the liberals out there are the incarnation of sweetness and light? Or do you believe that because they line their pockets with money from 'good causes' that they are somehow immune to the inherent beaurocracy and corruption that mires capitol hill?
Quit shoving words down my throat. Not only was that NOT what I said. That's not even in the ballpark of what I was talking about.

Quote:
Yes, Conservatives use an "American-dominated global constabulary that would be used to assert American interests throughout the world using military force." We've been acting 'imperialistically' for economic reasons since the conception of our country, using the secular arm to secure what we could not through negotiations and treatise. You think ONLY Conservatives have been doing this? If so, you're only fooling yourself.
No kidding?! I never disputed THAT fact if your were paying attention. Teddy Roosevelt was one of the most imperialistic presidents ever and even though he was part of the republican party, he was not well like because his platform was nowhere near theirs. Franklin Roosevelt was a deomocrat who served almost four terms of office much of which took place during World War II ... John F. Kennedy was a democrat who was in office during the first inssurection of troops into Vietnam and was followed by another democrat, Lyndon Johnson was served during the height of the war ... blah, blah, blah ... I could go on but that wasn't my point I was making in the first place so any further information along these lines would be, at best superfluous, at worst annoying. My fears of the republican party run along the lines of their affiliation with the moral majority and other right wing coalition factions along with their tendencies to pass (or attempt to pass) laws which take away my personal rights or invade my privacy. Their beginning to get too Orwellian for my taste. It may seem paranoid but if you look at it from the stand point of starting small and building, it's a little scary. Example: national ID cards, reorganizaton of INS putting them under the Justice Department, softening of requirements to obtain a wire tap, ect. THAT was my point.

Wherever you go, there you are.