Thread: Guild Wars
View Single Post
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jun 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM        Guild Wars
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:

- No monthly fee
- Runs on pretty much anything
- Runs fantastically
- Very little lag
- Fucking beautiful
- Only place other players exist are in your parties or in towns
- Don't need to physically buy a copy - If you can download the game, you can buy an account online through the software. Then, you get a downloader that downloads each new area you come to (once).
- I-Mockery guild is Veteran Vagrants [VETS], led by Pop N Ko (me). Whisper me for an invite. We have a cape, but no guild hall yet.

----------

JIN* has arrived at Guild Wars with Chojin, and they will play TOMORROW.

Until then, here are some pictures of this really gorgeous game.

From my HUMBLE BEGINNINGS AND GREEN JUMPSUIT.

Why, hello there! Don't mind me, I've just been picking these delicious apples!

Now for a lovely stroll in the woods! Lo, lo, lo-lo!

Dances are class and gender specific, I believe. I wouldn't know, because sad homosexual goths don't dance.

After this point, Ascalon was overtaken by the Charr and burnt to the ground in an event called the Searing. Everything from here on is post-searing. (Game events progress linearly, though other players in similar parts of the story can play with you)

AND LO, THE SKIES OF ASCALON WERE BATHED IN THE RICHEST BURNT SIENNAS IN THE CRAYOLA BIG BOX. WHY SETTING A TOWN ON FIRE TURNS THE SKY THIS COLOR IS BEYOND ME, BUT FUCK IF IT DOESN'T BECOME DEPRESSING AFTER A WHILE.

Ascalon district 1. Fellating other players is entirely optional. I'd like to note that moving in towns is really easy and lag-free for some reason. And that there are no monthly fees, yet this somehow works better.

HOT WHEELS LEADING THE WAY!

GRR

Notice the ultra sexy reflection of the opposing hill in the water. It does the same for enemies and players. The engine for this game is killer, and I never experience slowdown, even with full detail on.

This is a level 20 Necromancer I was running with. 20 is the level cap, and he wasn't too too much better than me. There is no grind in this game. You choose either a story (RP) or a PVP character - RP characters start at level 1, PVP at 20. Playing an RP character leads you through the plotline and unlocks skills, items, and runes for use with your PVP characters. RP characters can also engage in PVP, although only at Arenas and Guildhalls. Reason being, every time you leave town, you get a private copy of the rest of the world to run around in that only you and your party members can exist in. There's no spawn camping, no being queer. You can even hire NPC henchmen to accompany you if you hate other players as much as I tend to. Dying reduces the effectiveness of your skills by a certain percent, which is worked off with experience or by going into town. Moving from town to town is instantaneous with map travel, but will cause you to leave your group (though there's nothing stopping you from agreeing to meet up again in the same district and regrouping). Think I got all the basics out of the way.

Someone else I grouped with.

Small outpost town.

Outside my guildhall. Guilds with guildhalls can fight each other in these special locations. Or you can just sit back and sip a long island ice tea while looking at all the pretty scenery.