View Single Post
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Nov 19th, 2007, 02:43 AM       
Well one thing is for sure, I want the forums to be less harsh on the new users. Yes it is I-Mockery, but that doesn't mean it needs to be I-Asshole. I think too many current users are so opposed to having new people join the ranks that they tend to scare them off. We've had some really great people join the forums in the past year, but plenty of them left simply because they were tired of dealing with some of the people on here.

It's one thing if you're doing some lighthearted joking around with a person, but if you literally stalk them in almost every thread just so you can reply to them to more or less tell them how unfunny/stupid you think they are, that's not productive. It's simply being a dick and it's derailing threads.

The new site is really going to bring in a lot of new users, so to those of you who don't like new people, you'd better warm up to the idea pronto.

I'm not saying all new users are great, because there are always bad seeds, but there are also current users on here who I think often do more damage than good. If you really don't like somebody, you have two simple choices: 1) ignore them or 2) challenge them to a mock war. Just stop shitting in all of the other threads that the person posts in. If a person is causing problems, don't harass them, simply send a PM to one of the mods. If we mods see that person as a problem, we'll deal with him/her ourselves... no need for you to intervene.

I'm also not going to tolerate any more of this bullshit of people harassing each other via PMs and/or emails.

To put it in simpler terms: I've been extremely lenient in the past when it came to banning, and I think it's ended up hurting these forums in some ways. So with that in mind, I'm going to be keeping a much closer watch over the forums and what's going on and there will be bannings if people break the rules. The forums are gonna be far more compact now and they should be a lot easier for us mods to maintain a sense of order.

I'm seriously excited about how much we're gonna make the main I-Mockery site and the forums grow in a relatively short amount of time. It'd definitely be cool to have everybody on board instead of fighting with any new user that decides to join our ranks.