Thread: Nature
View Single Post
teacup of sunshine
Kitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contestKitsa won the popularity contest
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 12:57 PM       
I have a bad nature story.

I'm allergic to honeybees, right

I had to take a picture of an outdoor sculpture for something. Got a ride there, sculpture's out in the middle of a field. I am totally not thinking, have jeans and sandals on, leave my purse (with epi-pen) in the car and just go out with the camera, la la la la la.

I get out about 30 feet before I notice movement out of the corner of my eye. I look down and realize that I am standing in a field of clover, and on that clover are more honeybees than I've ever seen in my life. There is honestly a bee on every single fucking flower. So I freeze in my tracks, thinking "oh shit".

It takes me a full half hour to retreat 30 feet through a series of dumbassed tai-chi-looking moves. I had to balance on one foot and wait for the next place I could step down. It was sheer dumb luck that I didn't get stung on the way in, but I thought for sure I would get stung on the way out. I was trying not to hyperventilate because the CO2 would've riled the bees, and I knew if something happened to me I'd fall over onto a carpet of bees.

I finally got back to the parking lot, but I was in the middle of a full-on panic attack at that point. All I could see was bees. I got my picture, but for the next 50 miles or so I was paranoid that bees had flown up my pantleg and just hadn't stung me yet.

Had nightmares about it that night. I fucking hate bees and I fucking hate not being able to breathe and I fucking hate having to use that epi pen.