View Single Post
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Sep 8th, 2008, 10:32 PM       
What it really reminded me of was a lava'd version of the scat fetish monsters from Silent Hill 2.

But then this is just me being pessimistic.

My main problem with Silent Hill is how incredibly inconsistant it is; one minute you're choosing between lying to a woman about forgiveness in a confessional and reinforcing her worship of evil or saying nothing and letting her guilt tear her to hell for the rest of her life, and the next minute you're lightheartedly joking about how "blondes have more fun." Some moments have fucking retardedly awesome attention to detail which take your conception of atmosphere in a game and rape it up the bum, and then other times I feel like I'd be having a more meaningful experience playing Metal Gear Solid.

Playing Silent Hill is sort of like watching a Stanley Kubrick film and being amazed at how amazing it is, but someone went and periodically spliced footage from Star Wars Episode 3 in, too, so you have to deal with that.

The movie wasn't like this because it was less of an attempt at interesting storytelling and more like a slightly intelligent Resident Evil. I did like the movie a lot, but I don't think a Silent Hill game should take any cues from it.

Last edited by Guitar Woman : Sep 9th, 2008 at 06:54 PM.