Thread: ABORTION!!!!!
View Single Post
Lethal fresco
Blasted Child is probably a spambot
Old Nov 30th, 2009, 12:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
The whole point of our government and social justice isn't just taking care of people who can't take care of themselves, but to help alleviate social inequalities so that those who weren't born with an innate social advantage (i.e. being born white and rich) can have equal advantages and social mobiliity. The other reason we take care of people, like prisoners and insane persons, is to protect society from them.
Historically, the only role our government was supposed to play was as the Mediator. Basically, to protect people from each other and nature. There's nothing in the constitution that says that it is our job to take care of people who can't take care of themselves with our tax money.
Are there plenty of people writing under your nickname, cause you seem to say different things a lot.

Also, you keep arguing that people who don't contribute to the community are better off dead. CAre to elaborate? Just how would they be killed?

I think that's the catch; people who don't manage in life don't quietly go and die in some corner, they typically survive (albeit barely) and end up causing a lot of trouble for everyone, and costing a lot of money. So even crassly economically speaking, a society which is generous in terms of benefits and fundings gets it back in the long run.